We're proud to have become a signatory to the Mortgage Industry Mental Health Charter (MIMHC). Not only does the charter demonstrate the importance the mortgage industry places on the health and wellbeing of its staff, it makes a public commitment towards meeting minimum levels of support.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, mental health awareness has risen dramatically since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, and Castle Trust Bank fully supports any initiatives that raise awareness and provide support. We've already introduced a number of initiatives within the Bank, which have enabled us to meet the key commitments required of signatories to the charter which are:
- Develop mental health awareness among employees using
activities and advocacy.
- Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available to employees who may be struggling.
- Provide employees with good working conditions that encourage a healthy work life balance and opportunities for development.
- Promote effective people management through line managers and ensure there is a focus on physical and mental wellbeing as well as performance.
- Routinely monitor employee mental health and wellbeing through surveys and regular contact with managers.
- Have a named contact for Mental Health Support.
More information can be found out about the charter on the MIMHC website.